Pennsylvania Hand Embroidery Pattern
It is commonly believed that the American tradition of barn quilts began in Pennsylvania with the German and Swiss immigrants who settled the Pennsylvania Dutch area. These new settlers painted colorful designs on their barns in patterns that were thought to bring good fortune. Today, barn quilts of all shapes and sizes adorn many of the barns and houses around the Pennsylvania countryside.
This simple embroidery pattern features the Pennsylvania state outline with a bright red barn decorated with a star motif barn quilt, a large tree, and rows of fields in the foreground. This pattern uses only a handful of basic stitches and is suitable for all levels.
Included in the 5-Page PDF Pattern:
- Full-color photo of the finished embroidery piece
- Two patterns sized to fit a 5-6″ or 7-8″ hoop
- Reverse images of the pattern for iron-on transfer option
- Instructions for transferring the pattern using three simple methods
- Printable stitch and color guide to provide guidance or inspiration
- Material list
- Website link for embroidery stitch tutorials
The PDF pattern file will be available for instant download when your purchase is complete
All $6.00 patterns, 3 for $15.00
Use the coupon code FIFTEEN at checkout